We would love to hear from our guests and future backpackers alike, ask away or leave us a comment and we'll do our best to get back to you at our earliest convenience.
The cheapest way to The Times Hostel - College Street from the airport is the 16 bus.
- Get off on D’Olier Street (the stop after O’Connell Street), which is around the corner from the hostel. The hostel is on the opposite side of the road just past the pedestrian lights on the right hand side.
- The hostel is located on the corner of College Street and D’Olier Street, next to Doyle’s Pub. The bus trip takes approximately 40 minutes.
- You can buy your ticket from the machine, right at the bus stop at the airport, using either credit card or cash. You could also pay directly to the bus driver, but keep in mind he doesn’t accept notes.
- The fare from the airport to the city centre is €3.30.
Airlink Bus No. 747 is a quick way to travel between Dublin Airport and City Centre. This bus will only stop at dedicated Airlink bus stops. The nearest stop to the hostel is ‘Trinity College & Temple Bar Stop’ on College Green.
You can buy the tickets from the bus driver. The fares are:
- Adult Single - €7.00
- Adult Return - €12.00
- Child Single - €3.00
Express Aircoach Bus
Also available is the express Aircoach bus, which offers service at all times during the day between Dublin Airport and the city.
You can buy an Aircoach bus ticket from either the Aircoach representative or from the Aircoach bus driver. Also they offer online discounts. The Aircoach stops at Trinity College, which is very close to the hostel.
- The cost of this journey will be between €7 one way & €12 return
Taxis from the airport take about 25 minutes and cost about €20 - €30. During rush hour a taxi from the airport can take up to 50 minutes.
If you are coming from Heuston Station (main train station):
- Get on the Luas (tram) and go to Abbey Street Luas Stop.
- Walk back to find O’Connell Street, and turn left and walk towards O’Connell Bridge. Straight ahead of you will be D’Olier Street.
- The hostel is located on the corner of D’Olier Street and College Street on the right side.